Total Quality Management is basically a strategy aimed at business management.
Click here to see a list of our quality management services.
Quality is of the utmost importance in any organization, therefore Total Quality
aims at embedding an awareness of quality in all the processes of an organization.
Contact us for Total Quality Management implementation according to ISO standards.
Aspects of Total Quality Management
Total Quality Management consists of the following aspects:
- Control assurance
Industries where we implement Total Quality Management
The following are a few examples of the different industries in which Total Quality Management
is commonly used, and where we have implemented TQM systems:
- Manufacturing Companies
- Government Orginisations
- Service industries
- Construction Companies
- Industrial Companies
- Transport Companies
- Mining Companies
- Health Companies
- Petro-chemical Companies
Total Quality Management therefore basically has a two-fold meaning; that of quality
of return to satisfy the shareholders; and of course the quality of the products the company
Read more about Quality Management and ISO 9000.
è² align="justify" class="style19">Quality Management Systems (QMS) Certification
Promoting Total Quality Management is extremely important. That is why implementing and maintaining Total Quality Management systems are our core business. We pride ourselves on delivering a world class service (especially Total Quality Management) to our clients. It is important for us to ensure that our clients obtain international recognition for its Quality Management as part of its overall corporate governance strategy. Our clients are thus certified in accordance with international standards applicable to the services and products they offer (including Total Quality Management).
A lot has been said about certification, but what does that mean exactly. After implementation of an internationally accepted standard (ISO 9000), a certification body such as the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) or any other certification body asses the effectiveness of an Organization’s Total Quality Management system.
Clients of ISO Sure receive formal recognition for maintaining a Quality Management System (QMS) as part of their overall management strategy. It is important that our clients provide proof that they manage their operations in accordance with international standards.
Certification of a Quality Management System (QMS)
ISO Sure will obtain certification for you as our client through a certification body such as SABS (or any other authoritative body). It is important to note that all certification bodies must comply with ISO Guide 62 and all related IAF regulations.
Process regarding certification for Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Enquiry concerning certification by applicant.
- A sales consultant from ISO Sure makes an appointment with the key decision makers of a potential client.
- Following this meeting a quotation to implement a Quality Management System (QMS) (ISO 9000) is drafted and forwarded to the applicant.
- Following the signing of a contract with ISO Sure, a SHEQ Consultant drafts a Quality Manual for the client.
- The Quality Manual aligns the operations and document control of the client with the standards and requirements of the ISO system standards.
- The new Quality Manual is distributed to all senior and line managers for approval and comments.
- After approval the new Quality Manual forms the standard that will be used to control and measure the quality control of the organization.
- The new quality standards are implemented and all the clients’ processes and document control are now measured against these new standards and requirements.
- The SHEQ Consultant frequently visits the premises of the client to ensure that these standards and requirements are maintained.
- Frequent Internal Audits are conducted by ISO Sure to identify all non-conformities and to continually improve the system.
- After a period of complying with the standards a Certification Audit is arranged with a preferred certification body.
- The SHEQ Consultant ensures readiness for the Certification Audit.
- After successfully passing the Certification Audit the client can now proof, to its clients and potential clients, that it is managing its operations in accordance with international standards.
- Should the client agree, ISO Sure continue to manage the Quality Management System (QMS) for the client. Alternatively the client manages the system in-house.
- Certification Audits are scheduled annually for re-certification.
- ISO Sure can, should the client require, be involved during this period in various ways, i.e. Internal Audits.
Contact us to help you with Quality Management certification for your company. Click here to see a list of our quality management services.
Benefits concerning ISO 9001 Quality Management System
A certified ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS) has the following benefits:
The ISO 9001 Quality Management System has resolved many problems on a permanent basis. Thus, wasting time and spending money will decrease drastically. However, if problems do arise, you can now identify and resolve it faster due to your newly acquired skills and resources.
- Due to the fact that you can sell to new markets, you have better/more business. You are also distinguished in the marketplace due to the ISO 9001 Quality Management System certification.
- You will know how your business is doing because of better reporting and management control.
- The ISO 9001 Quality Management System certification allows your staff to be clear on what to do and how to do it. A certain amount of time and effort are thus saved.
- A common system existent of repeatable and consistent processes is at your disposal.
- You can now provide proof of your Quality Management with your “ISO 9000” certificate when asked about your quality system. Incorporating the ISO system logo into your organizations letterhead further proof your company’s compliance.
- You now have a systematic way of responding to anything that happens within the company. Thus, your business is now functioning in a disciplined way.
- If things are going wrong within the business, the ISO 9001 Quality Management System will help you more quickly to solve it.
- Fewer failures concerning product quality and/or service are experienced.
ISO 9001 Quality Management System benefits concerning clients
Clients of companies with a certified ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS) reported the following benefits:
- Employee satisfaction increasing.
- Customer satisfaction improving.
- Maintenance effort reducing.
- Frustration and rework reducing.
- What they do and how they do it has a greater clarity about it.
- Management control greater.
We can help you to become ISO certified .
Gap Analysis Audit
A gap analysis can be defined as a business resource assessment tool. Its aim is to enable a company to compare its actual performance with its potential performance. Two simple questions that are of great importance here is the following:
- Where are we?
- Where do we want to be?
If a company suspects that it is performing or producing at a level below its potential or that its quality control measure are sub-standard, it might be forgoing investment in technology or capital, or it is under-utilizing resources it currently owns. By conducting a gap analysis audit, ISO Sure will identify the exact reasons that are responsible for this poor production/performance. A gap analysis can identify areas of substandard performance and lack of control. It thus highlights areas being below one’s production possibilities frontier.
A gap between the current level of performance and the optimized performance level set by international standards will be identified. This is the main goal of a GAP analysis. Areas within the company that have possible room for improvement (such as quality management) can be identified. Insight relating to these areas is provided by this gap analysis. The variance between current capabilities and the business requirements and potential capabilities and business requirements can be determined, documented and can ultimately be improved. The performance level at which the company currently functions can only ever be really understood once the general performance expectation in the industry is understood. The performance level of the company can then be compared to that of the general performance expectation and the internationally recognized standards for that particular industry. It is important to understand that the gap analysis originates from this comparison. Such an analysis can then be performed at two levels: the operational level of a company, as well as the strategic management level of a company.
As is now evident from the above explanation, a gap analysis can basically be defined as a study concerning the current status of a company, compared to its possible future status measured against international standards. ISO Sure conducts a gap analysis audit according to different perspectives, which are:
Thus, in order to measure investment of human resources, time, and money, a gap analysis audit is crucial to bring about certain improvements in future. If you feel that your company is in need of improvement (e.g. improving its quality management) , or suspect that it could perform even better than it already does, simply contact ISO Sure to conduct a gap analysis audit.
- Business processes
- Information technology
- Business direction
For queries on any of the services above, contact us today!