ISO 9000 is a family of standards for quality management systems. ISO 9000 is maintained by, as the acronym ISO suggests, the International Organization for Standardization. ISO 9000 is then administered by accreditation and certification bodies. It is important to note that ISO 9001 is one of the standards in the ISO 9000 family.
Although this page aims to focus on the certification of ISO 9000, it is deemed important to give an overview of what ISO 9000 entails. An organization’s internal quality management is recognized by an international standard called the ISO 9000 standard. Quality of a product or service is very important to customers; quality should thus be the main feature of all products/services. Thus, all organizations make use of qualitymanagement to ensure that the products/services being provided comply with certain regulations, and of course satisfy the needs of customers.
ISO Sure can help you to get systems in place for ISO 9000 accreditation.
Contact us today!
Requirements in ISO 9001
A few of the ISO 9001 requirements are:
- All key processes in the business are covered by a set of procedures.
- Ensuring that processes are effective by monitoring them.
- Adequate record keeping.
- Output should be checked for defects.
- Individual processes and the quality system should be regularly viewed.
- Improving continual facilitation.
It is important to know that the terms “ISO 9001 certified” and ‘ISO 9001 registered” are publicly used once a company or organization has independently been audited and certified to be in conformance with ISO 9001.
ISO 9000 Family of standards
- ISO 9000:2000, Quality management systems – Fundamentals and vocabulary. Contains the core language of the ISO 9000 standard series, and also covers the basics of what quality management systems are. It is a guidance document that contains terms and vocabulary related to quality management systems. It is thus an important reference document.
- ISO 9001:2000 Quality management systems – Requirements is used by any organization which installs, manufactures, designs and develops products/services. A number of requirements are contained in this document, which is necessary for customer satisfaction. Requirements for improving the Quality Management System are also included in this document.
- ISO 9004:2000 Quality management systems - Guidelines for performance improvements . Continual improvement is covered in this document. Advice on what you could do to enhance a mature system. This standard states specifically that it is not intended as an implementation guide.
Quality Management: ISO 9000 Certification
In order for a successful ISO 9000 Certification to take place, the following needs to be done:
Requirements and solutions regarding your business will be discussed. After your needs have been assessed, a quotation will be given to you. An assessment of your needs and your company profile will determine your quotation.
A Lead Assessor will be assigned to you. During the registration process, this person will be your main contact. The Lead Assessor will support you and will also build up knowledge concerning your business.
The standard will be explained to you by your Lead Assessor. The process regarding the correct procedures and documented procedures (it must cover the requirements of the standard) will be facilitated by the Lead Assessor. Thus, you are basically preparing for the Audit Assessment.
Once again the required arrangements for your Audit Assessment are done by the Lead Assessor. Next, you will be informed of the Auditor’s recommendation.
- Registration and Certificate
Your registration will be confirmed according to the recommendation of the Auditor. After that, you will receive your certificate of conformity to the ISO 9000 standard.
Maintaining your certification is crucial. Your Lead Assessor will still help you to continue meeting the requirements of ISO 9000 standard.
After reviewing the above procedure, no organization should encounter any problem regarding the ISO 9000 Certification, which is the international standard for quality management.
Contact us to help your company get ready for ISO 9000 accreditation.